An overview of CPU College
Computer Professionals United (CPU) is one of the premier Information Technology Companies in Ethiopia established by a group of high caliber and dedicated ICT professionals with the aim of promoting computer technology. Its establishment dates back to 1992, when computer technology was relatively new to the business and service communities of the country. The joint efforts and optimism of these professionals, who were inspired to fill the glaring gap, set up CPU Computer Training Center to provide short-term computer training and consultancy services.During the last twenty three years of its existence, the center has trained 21000 plus trainees drawn from over 375 public and private institutions.
Taking professional pride in its own share of responsibility for the current relatively wider use of Computer Technology in the country, CPU is now running two major programs. One is short-term Basic and Advanced Computer courses offered at the Center by incorporating up-to-date concepts in this fast growing technology. The long-term package consists of the Degree and TVET Programs based on studies on scarcity of higher and middle-level human power in the service industry and the government's great attention to the demands in these sectors. Having met the necessaryrequirements for quality education, CPU Business and Information Technology College became operational in 2001 to run both degree and diploma programs. And in accordance with the new education and training policy and the provisions set thereof, the College in addition to to thr undergraduate program launched and is running TVET program in the field of Information Technology, Accounting and Secretarial Science .So far, CPU College has graduated 8152 students in its degree, diploma and TVET programs.
CPU has a fascinating record of consistent growth and excellence in delivering focused and effective hands-on-education. During the concluded year, CPU based on its strategic develoment plan decided and has been preparing itself to launch an MBA program in the year 2015/16. The curriculum design and course validation tasks are underway by seasoned experts in the area coming from within the country and overseas university. .The College is striving hard to surpass the accreditation requirements of the Ministry of Education (MoE) and subsequently be able to launch the post graduate program (MBA) on solid ground in 2016 academic season...
Few Reasons to join CPU College
-. A college with over 23 years of success in Business and ICT Education.
- Full accreditation for all its current Degree &TVET Programs.
- Promising programs to a wider employment opportunity.
- A dynamic & comprehensive curriculum developed & reviewed by high caliber pertinent professionals.
- Outstanding and ready-to-help teaching and supporting staff.
- Wide computer coverage also for all non-IT courses.
- State-of –the-art-computer laboratories and library with 24/7 broadband internet access.
- Project based and industry oriented hands-on training for both degree and TVET programmes.
- A fascinating record of COC exam in TVET.
- A model simulation lab for accounting students.
CPU aims to be a preferred home of hands on education in Ethiopia by 2020.
- To nurture standards of Academic Excellence
- To exercise innovative educational approaches
- To produce able graduates for renaissance of Ethiopia.